Thursday, October 9, 2014

Hello!

Welcome to the official blog of the composer Shoko (that's me)!

I made this site a while ago, but I decided to start writing more regular blog posts to record my growth as a composer. I've made a lot of songs this year, but I want to make lots more! And what better place to organize all the complicated thoughts that go into each one than through here? Probably music school.

So, I've noticed this year I'm really appreciating other artists' work more than ever. I've always had music that I loved to death, but it was difficult to pinpoint why I liked certain songs, or who made them, or even what genre they were in.

For example, Hiroyuki Sawano is somebody I've been listening to lately. His soundtracks are gorgeous but also really cool. His Gundam Unicorn theme is AWESOME. It's so memorable it hurts. It physically hurts me (in a wonderful way).


He's composed for Gundam Unicorn, Guilty Crown, Attack on Titan, Kill La Kill, lots of live action dramas and even some movies. He's great! I especially like the interesting percussion he uses in a lot of his tracks. 

I've got a new project coming up that I'd like to exude a more professional and varied soundscape than my usual 'slow ballad' safe zone I'm accustomed to, so I'm going to take inspiration from amazing composers like Hiroyuki and hopefully make better songs as a result. I'll post here again when I'm ready to reveal some music from it. ;) 

See you next time!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment